Nominated by Stu
I have been working on reinventing and organizing Caffeine, Chaos & Grace so this is quite an awesome time to be recognized with such a wonderful group of writers, people I have been looking up to, even those I am new to but loving more and more with each post or interaction.
Stu’s blog is an excelent source of combined humility, boldness and honesty. He tackles even the most bashful of topics (for me anyway) and brings comfort to those who need to hear his testimony. Before you sign off, make sure you check out his page, Something To Stu Over. His advice alone is worth the extra read!
• Thank the nominator, and publish a post on your blog about receiving the Blogger Recognition Award. Make sure to provide a link to the nominator’s blog in your post.
• Give a brief story of how your blog started.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Nominate 10-15 other bloggers for this award, and inform them of their nomination.
A Steady Beginning
Caffeine, Chaos and Grace was created as a place to share hard lessons I had learned as a new parent and cover topics I searched for and yet failed to find solutions that fit my family’s needs. I wanted to create a place to make note of such hardships and ideas for other parents who found themselves in a similar position.
Before I knew it this blog grew into much more than just that, however, and became a place to connect with other believers in Christ and most importantly, a place to connect with those in need of hope.
Praise the Lord for bringing us together!
My Advice For New Bloggers
- Write what you know. This one might seem obvious, but you would be surprised. From trying to keep up with content demands to broadening your horizons only to fall into a trap of confusion and rambling, its easier to get lost than some might think. Avoid those tangents by sticking with what you know, what makes you tick, what burns within you.
- If you have a desire to cover something but you’re not sure where to begin or if you even know enough about it to write a post… study! The great thing about knowledge is that it can be obtained. As you study be sure to write down sources for your audiance to check out as well.
The benefits of these simple steps are well worth it because you ensure that your audiance is getting creditable information, passionate content and a meaningful message with each post.